Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Regrets : The Life Of Edith Piaf
by Carolyn Burke

Having lived in France back in the late 1970s and listened to Edith Piaf sing and saw how much she was revered, I was thrilled to see that a new biography was written about her. It was short-lived.
The author tried to cram as much information on Piaf as she could in the first chapter in such a way that it completely turned me off. Too many names became one confusing mess. I attempted to read the second chapter but by this time I had become disgusted and stopped altogether.
Of course, much of what has been written about Piaf is a myth either related by Piaf or by others smitten with her. There's also missing information, therefore speculation arises.
I have no regrets in not finishing this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment